Matthew Atkins is a professional chef and entrepreneur. He is the founder of The Hemp Pantry and creator of Veurre, the organic plant-based alternative to butter that is free from dairy, nut, soya and palm oil.
Matt's vision for The Hemp Pantry is to support and encourage sustainable, plant-based food production, showing that food can be produced with an ingredients list that anyone can understand and that benefits people and the environment now and into the future.
Guilt free, dairy free and totally delicious
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the Veurre and caster sugar together until light and smooth.
- Sieve in the plain flour and mix to a smooth paste, making sure there are no lumps.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently roll out the mixture until it is 1cm in thickness.
- Cut out your desired shapes and place onto a baking tray.
- Dust with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow too cool on a wire rack until they are cool enough to enjoy!!
All You Need is:125gVeurre55gCaster Sugar180gPlain Flour
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Wooden Spoon
- Pastry Cutters/Knife
- Baking Tray
Cooking InfoPreperation time30 minutesCooking time20 MinutesMakes24
Raw Blueberry and Macadamia Style Cheese Cake with Veurre
- Place the macadamia nuts, softened Veurre, salt and dates into your food processor and process until combined.
- Line the bottom and sides of your small cake tin with parchment paper and this will prevent the cheesecake sticking, making it easier to remove at the end. Once this is complete, press the macadamia nuts and veurre mixture down into the bottom of the cake tin to form the base layer.
- Place the raw cheesecake style filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend. Once you have a good cheesecake consistency you can then pour the mixture on top of the base layer and evenly smooth over the top.
- Place the raw style cheesecake in the freezer for an hour until it is firm to touch.
- Once the cheesecake is ready you can carefully remove it from the tin and slowly peel off the paper. Place it on a serving plate and then garnish it with your blueberries and pitted dates. When you have finished decorating you can return it this time to the fridge until it is ready to be served to your eagerly awaiting guests.
Base Ingredients150gMacadamia Nuts50gPitted Dates75gVeurre1 pinchSea Salt
Raw Cheesecake Style Filling250gCashew Nuts150gBlueberries125mlLemon juice140gAgave150gVeurre1 tbspVanilla Extract
Garnish Ingredients (optional)50gBlueberries
- High speed blender
- small cake tin
- parchment paper
Cooking InfoPreparation Time40 minutesFreezing Time1 hourServes12